The Maryland Wineries Association presents DECANTER—the fourth annual event to highlight the heritage and tradition of both Maryland wine and Maryland horse racing—on April 12th and 13th, 2014 from 12-6pm at historic Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, home of the Preakness Stakes.
- de•cant [verb]: to aerate a fine wine by pouring into an ornate glass vessel;
- can•ter [noun]: a controlled gait between a trot and a gallop;
- de•cant•er [noun]: an event at Pimlico Race Course combining the traditions of Maryland wine and Maryland horse racing.
Enjoy a unique view of live horse races, samples of fine Maryland wine, browse wine & equine focused arts & crafts at Pimlico Race Course.
Enjoy [and bet on] live turf and dirt racing throughout the day from the unique perspective of Pimlico's 2nd floor Grandstand, and enjoy specialty food available for purchase.
Upgrade to a "Decanter Pass" and take home a beautiful full sized wine glass and try samples of premier wines from each winery.
•••FOOD AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE, NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE OF TICKET.
- $30 General Admission – Patrons enjoy a unique vantage point to all horse races of the day, samples of fine Maryland wine from Free State wineries, access to local artisans, specialty food, and equine and wine arts & crafts—all in the Pimlico Grandstand.
- $50 Decanter Pass – Includes all of the above, plus a full size Riedel wine glass, samples of an exclusive Decanter wine from each attending winery.
- $50 for a two-day General Admission Pass
- $90 for a two-day Decanter Pass.
- $20 Designated Driver & Youth - General admission for non-drinkers and guests 11-20 years old.
- Under 10 = FREE!
Rules & Regs
The Maryland Wineries Association and the Maryland Jockey Club reserve the right to remove any guest for any reason. No outside food or beverages permitted. Only Maryland Wine is available, and no open containers may leave the premises. Alcohol may not leave the festival area. No pets allowed. No pop-up tents allowed. Event is rain or shine; no refunds for any reason. Enjoy Maryland wine responsibly.
Parties interested in sponsorship can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parties interested in vendor spots can contact email@example.com