Celebrate Maryland Wine Month by joining the Frederick Wine Trail’s Poker Run.
Visit one of the participating Frederick Wine Trail wineries during March, and receive a poker run playing card after your tasting. Collect at least five cards throughout March to be eligible to play in the Game Day Tournament on April 6th @ Linganore Winecellars, from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM. The more cards you collect, the better chances you have to win!
This Month-Long Event and is Open to the Public at these Participating Wineries:
Links Bridge Vineyards
Springfield Manor Winery & Distillery
Elk Run Vineyard and Winery
Hidden Hills Farm and Vineyard
Catoctin Breeze Vineyard
- There is no registration fee for the event, though you must register to participate in the tournament on April 6th.
- To participate, visit wineries on the Frederick Wine Trail during the month of March and receive a Poker Run playing card after each tasting.
- No more than two people can combine their cards.
- Once 5 cards have been collected by an individual or pair, register to play at VisitFrederick.org/Frederick-Wine-Trail.
- Players may collect up to all 52 cards. Any duplicate cards will be exchanged before the tournament begins on April 6th.
- The poker tournament will consist of a dynamic legend which allows the card value to change each round, so there are more chances to win!
- Participants are not allowed to buy extra cards at any point and no cards will be available at any of the wineries on game day.
- Sign in will occur at the gate one hour prior to the first round of poker. Participants will register their cards at sign in and may only play those cards for each round.
- Only five cards may be used to build the best winning hand, and there are no “wild cards” allowed.
- The poker hands are scored using standard poker hand rankings as follows: Royal flush, straight flush, four of a kind, full house, flush, straight, three of a kind, two pair, one pair, high card.
- Prizes include: merchandise, event tickets, gift certificates, and much more!
- Players must be 21 or over to participate.