What is “Stay Home & Wine Down?”
As a hybrid wine festival and virtual wine tasting, “Stay Home & Wine Down” is a celebration of Maryland wine, built for the COVID-19 era.
Featuring curated mystery wine packs and a series of live, virtual wine education sessions, Stay Home & Wine Down keeps you physically distanced and safe while giving you the chance to learn, taste, and explore with Maryland Wine.
How Does it Work?
Participating in Stay Home and Wine Down is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Step 1 – Order Your Wine Packs
The Maryland Wineries Association is curating mystery wine packs that fall into seven style categories. While the exact contents of each wine pack will be a mystery until pick-up, each pack will contain four hand-selected Maryland wines. You won’t know what wines you’re getting but trust us, we’re picking good ones for you!
Maryland Wine Explorers should expect a collection of highly-rated wines and wines that have won awards from winemakers located throughout Maryland.
Mystery Wine Packs Options:
- Dry Red Wines 4-Pack
- Dry White Wines 4-Pack
- Fruit Wines 4-Pack
- Premier Wines 4-Pack
- Rosé Wines 4-Pack
- Sweet Red & White Wines 4-Pack
- Weird & Wild Wines 4-Pack
Create your own Maryland Wine Explorer experience and order the packs that best suit your palate and taste.
>>> MARYLAND WINE EXPLORER PACK SALES HAVE ENDED
Step 2 – Pick Up Your Wine
Stay Home & Wine Down drive-thru pick up locations will be located throughout the state. Select the pickup location most convenient to you and collect your wine packs.
Pick up dates & locations:
- June 23, 2020
- Baltimore Metro Area: Boordy Vineyards
- Eastern Shore: Crow Vineyards
- June 24, 2020
- Central Maryland: Linganore Winecellars
- Western Maryland: Knob Hall Winery
- June 25, 2020
- Capital Region: Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard
- Southern Maryland: Robin Hill Farm & Vineyard
* Wine Down wine packs may only be picked up during the assigned pickup window at each winery. Any unclaimed wine orders will be refunded to the purchaser and will incur a 15% restocking fee.
Step 3 – Tune In
Join Maryland Wine influencers, wine media, wine industry insiders, and winemakers for live, virtual tasting sessions that cover each of the packs in these great wine categories.
Premier Wine Pack Discussion | Friday, June 26, 2020, 5:00 pm
- Black Ankle Vineyards, Feldspar
- Catoctin Breeze Vineyard, Reserve Syrah
- Chateau Bu-De Winery, Bohemia Manor Farm, Cabernet Franc
- Crow Vineyard & Winery, Sparkling Vidal Blanc
- Fiore Winery & Distillery, Sangiovese
- The Vineyards at Dodon, Drum Point
Dave McIntyre, The Washington Post
Jacques Van Der Vyver, Chateau Bu-De Winery
Regina McCarthy, The Vineyards at Dodon
Fruit Wine Pack Discussion | Saturday, June 27, 2020, 12:00 pm
- Blue Mountain Wine Crafters, Strawberry
- Elemental Mead Co., Grapefruit + Hop
- Great Shoals Winery, Tropical Shoals Tangerine
- Loew Vineyards, Honey & Grape
- Red Heifer Winery, Blueberry
Paul Vigna, The Wine Classroom
Dan Kennedy, Elemental Mead Co.
Rachel Lipman, Loew Vineyard
Dry Red Wine Pack Discussion | Saturday, June 27, 2020, 3:00 pm
- Basignani Winery, Piccolo
- Bordeleau Vineyards & Winery, Malbec
- Casa Carmen Wines, Duende
- Elk Run Vineyards, Cabernet Franc
- Knob Hall Winery, Prestige
Dr. Joe Fiola, UMD Extension
Rosé Wine Pack Discussion | Sunday, June 28, 2020, 3:00 pm
- Hidden Hills Farm and Vineyard, Rose Grey Rosé
- Port of Leonardtown Winery, Chaptico Rosé
- Windridge Vineyards, 2018 Rosé
- The Wine Collective, 2019 Rosé
Laurie Forster, The Wine Coach
Lauren Zimmerman, Port of Leonardtown Winery
Sweet Wine Pack Discussion | Monday, June 29, 2020, 5:00 pm
- Broken Spoke Winery, White Merlot
- Far Eastern Shore Winery, Summer
- Harford Vineyard & Winery, Paint the Town Red
- Romano Vineyard & Winery, Liberty
Laurie Frelow, Vino 301 Wine Concierge
Dry White Wine Pack Discussion | Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 5:00 pm
- Antietam Creek Vineyards, Chardonnay
- Boordy Vineyards, Albariño
- Cool Ridge Vineyard, Cool White
- Linganore Winecellars, Vignoles
- Robin Hill Farm and Vineyards, MD-32
- Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard, Pinot Grigio
Michael Kaiser, WineAmerica
Jason Burrus, Burrus Wine Consulting (Antietam Creek Vineyards)
Phineas Deford, Boordy VIneyards
Melissa Aellen, Linganore Winecellars
Bob White, Robin Hill Farm & Vineyard
Weird & Wild Wine Pack Discussion | Thursday, July 2, 2020, 5:00 pm
- Big Cork Vineyards, Russian Kiss
- Layton’s Chance Vineyard & Winery, Laura’s Lemonade
- Old Westminster Winery, Seeds & Skins
- The Urban Winery, Bourbon-Aged Merlot
Ruth Toomey, Maryland Tourism Coalition
Joey Fox, Old Westminster Winery
LINKS COMING FRIDAY, JUNE 26, 2020!