5/13 at 7PM ET
Wine Down Wednesday: Barbera Bash with Crow Vineyards
Join Laurie Forster, The Wine Coach for a virtual wine tasting of one her favorite red wine varietals–Barbera. A staple of life in Italy’s Piedmont region, Barbera can be made in a variety of styles including Rosé, Sparkling and of course RED. Learn more about this special varietal that is grown in Italy, Australia, California and Laurie’s home state of Maryland. Barbera has always been a favorite of the farmers and vineyards workers as it is easy to love and affordable making it the perfect choice for Judy and Roy Crow’s Farm Vineyard.
During the tasting, Laurie will showcase several Barbera based wines from Crow Vineyard & Winery in Kennedyville, MD alongside a traditional Barbera from Italy. Find out what makes this grape so delicious, food-friendly and why it should be on your go-to red wine list for spring as well as summer! Crow Vineyards winemaker, Michael Zollo, will join Laurie during the tasting to share the secrets to making great Barbera and answer your questions. Wines needed can be purchased from Crow Vineyard for pickup or shipped, or picked up at either Hair O’The Dog Wine & Spirits OR Bin 201.
Step 1: Click Here to purchase a pass for this class.
Step 2: Get the Wines!
- Sparkling Barbera Rosé
- 2019 Barbera Rosé
- 2015 Barbera
HOW TO GET THEM:
Option 1: Pick-Up @ Crow
- 3-Pack Set of the Wines – $60.00 + tax (a value of $75+)
- Individual Wine Pricing (20% Off):
- Sparkling Barbera Rosé – $24.80 + tax
- 2019 Barbera Rosé – $16.00 + tax
- 2015 Barbera – $19.20 + tax
Option 2: Shipping
- 3-Pack Set of the Wines – $80.00 + tax (includes shipping)
- Individual Wine Pricing:
- Sparkling Barbera Rosé – $49.00 + tax (includes shipping)
- 2019 Barbera Rosé – $38.00 + tax (includes shipping)
- 2015 Barbera – $42.00 + tax (includes shipping)
Please call or email us to purchase wines for Laurie’s virtual tasting: