14001 Liberty Road, Mount Airy, MD, United States
Renewing a European family tradition of fine wine-making, Loew Vineyards was established in 1982. The rolling hills of the Maryland countryside provide an ideal setting for growing both vinifera and French-American grapes. Visitors are welcome to enjoy a stroll through the vineyards and to sample our estate-bottled wines. Picnic grounds are also available.
Semi-dry. Bright with notes of citrus, nectarine, and finishes with a touch of minerality. Refreshing. Enjoy with family and friends.
Single Varietal. A full-bodied red with robust notes of blackberry, blueberry, boysenberry, and mulling spice. Pairs well with red meat and hearty meals. Great to enjoy now or age for another 5-10 years. Extremely limited production. Wine Club Member exclusive.
A careful selection of the best barrels from the 2020 vintage, comprised of 75% Cabernet Franc, 10% Malbec, and 15% Petit Verdot. Robust in spirit, this wine pairs exceptionally well with red meat and pasta dishes. An age worthy blend.
Elegant, with notes of wild raspberry jam, red apple, cedar and black pepper. Barrel aged for 9 months. Pairs well with pasta, roasted game, and hard cheeses. A favored wine for Loew family gatherings. Great to enjoy now or age for another 5-15 years.
A red in tribute to the future generations. A blend of 70% Cabernet Franc, 15% Chancellor, and 15% Malbec. Smooth and young with notes of cherry, red apple, and pepper.
Made from 92% Malbec and 8% Cabernet Franc. Medium bodied and boasting with notes of black raspberries, plum, cocoa, and ripe tannins. Silver Medal Winner in the 2021 Maryland Governor’s Cup Competition
A semi-sweet pyment (mead made with grapes) blend of Vidal Blanc, local clover and wildflower honey. Barrel aged for 11 months. Produced in our 36th year (in 2020). Semi-sweet light, with a zippy finish. Showcases tropical fruit, cinnamon, and honeysuckle notes.
Produced in our 35th year. Award winning, and a tribute to the Loew family tradition. Semi-dry and made with Vidal Blanc grapes, local clover and wildflower honey. Barrel Aged for 11 months. Showcases notes of baked apple, vanilla, baking spice, and honeyed pineapple. Enjoy now or age up to 20 years. Silver Medal Winner in the 2021 Maryland Governor’s Cup Competition
Produced in our 36th year. Award winning, and a tribute to the Loew family tradition. A dry pyment signifying the relationship of the past to future generations. Made with Vidal Blanc grapes, fermented with local clover and wildflower honey. Barrel aged for 11 months. Enjoy now or age up to 20 years.
Gold Medal Winner in the 2021 Maryland Governor’s Cup! This wine is wonderfully bright with notes of fresh squeezed grapefruit and oranges. When producing Chardonnay, it’s important to maintain its aromatic qualities, capturing the true nature of the grape. We are absolutely enthralled with this wine. Delicate, bright, and mouth- watering, all in one. Fermented in stainless steel and aged in neutral barrels for 6 months. Pair it with seafood (like a true Maryland crab feast) and light pasta dishes.
A bright, dry rosé produced in the saignée style from Barbera, Cabernet Franc, and Malbec. Light with notes of watermelon, raspberries and white cherries. Enjoy slightly chilled with company and lighter fare.
The flagship white grape variety in Austria, grown and produced here in Maryland! Produced in stainless steel. Dry, with zippy notes of bright green apple, lemongrass, lemon and lime. Finishes smooth with nice minerality. Pairs well with vegetables, seafood, and soft cheeses. Received 88pt with wine writer Lenn Thompson.
An award winning Cyser. A dry blend of local apples with wildflower and clover honey. Notes of apples and citrus, bright and not your typical mead!
Based on our century old family tradition of producing mead. A semi-sweet blend of clover honey and the Reliance grape. Aged for one year in neutral oak barrels. Recipient of a gold medal and best in class at the 2019 MD Comptroller’s Cup. Recipient of a gold medal, best in class and best in show (the Jack Aellen award) at the 2019 MD Governor’s Cup.
Semi-Sweet. A unique wine from the Reliance grape. Produced from estate-grown grapes from 38 year old vines. Refreshing with notes of pineapple, honeysuckle, yellow apple, and nectarine. Pairs well with spicy or seafood cuisines. LIMITED PRODUCTION. Guaranteed first to wine club members.