05/16/2018 at 9:51 am #8449GemenyParticipant
Gemeny Winery and Vineyards is an up and coming Winery on a family farm located in Brandywine Maryland just on the outskirts of Washington D.C.. We are the second Winery to open in the county of Prince George’s in Maryland and are 100% a farm winery. Gemeny Winery maintains 2 acres of vineyards on location with plans for an additional 4-5 acres in the coming years. All of our wines are produced on site from our vineyards as well as juices purchased from other locations. Our wine making facility currently consists of the potential for 7000 gallons of wine. Gemeny Wines are sold directly to customer from our brand new tasting room located in the Winery Facility with several varieties of wine to offer to our clients and the public.
Gemeny Winery is actively looking for an energetic and highly motivated individual to take over the winemaking activities as well as help with vineyard tasks. The job description for this full-time or part-time position covers mainly two areas of our operations and is roughly divided as 70% winemaking and 30% vineyard operations.
Winemaking Responsibilities Include:
• Harvest Activities: Fruit Receipt, Crushing and Pressing, Juice Adjustment and Fermentation
• Enological Activities: Fermentation, Racking, Fining, Oaking, Blending, Cold Stabilization and Filtration of all wines.
• Lab Analysis and Record Keeping
Vineyard Responsibilities Include:
• Growing Activities: Shoot Positioning, Leaf Removal and Cluster Thinning
• Vineyard Expansion Activities: Planting, Trellis Installation, Plant Training and Watering
An enology degree and/or commensurate experience is preferred in an individual. Applicants should be mechanically inclined, have good communication and organizational skills, and be proficient in accurate record keeping. Compensation is based on the individual’s level of education and experience. Temporary Residence for Relocation is possible. Please forward a cover letter and resume to William Livingston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.